What Is Lifeline?
Lifeline is a government program designed to increase the availability of phone and internet services to low-income subscribers by providing a credit for monthly telephone service to eligible consumers.
How much does Infiniti Mobile Lifeline service cost?
Infiniti Mobile Lifeline service may be free to qualified consumers but varies by state. Check available rate plans in your area (click here)
Is Infiniti Mobile available in my area?
Visit here and enter your zip code to check if service is available in your area. Offers vary by state.
What is included with Infiniti Mobile Lifeline service?
Infiniti Mobile customers receive:
- FREE Smartphone
- FREE Data Each Month
- FREE Talk Each Month
- FREE Texts Each Month
- Nationwide Calling
- FREE Voicemail Account, Call Waiting and Caller ID
- FREE 911
- 411 Directory Assistance 911 & 411 calls
- FREE Domestic Roaming
- Text & Picture Messaging
Infiniti Mobile is a federal Lifeline Assistance program. Lifeline Assistance is a government benefit program supported by the federal Universal Service Fund for which you must qualify. The Lifeline Assistance program is available for only one wire line or wireless account per household.
How do I qualify for Infiniti Mobile Lifeline service?
Only eligible individuals may enroll in the Lifeline program. Lifeline service is limited to only one wireless or landline Lifeline benefit per household. You also cannot receive Lifeline benefits from multiple service providers.
You qualify for Lifeline Service in your area if you already participate in one of the following assistance programs:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Federal Public Housing Assistance / Section 8
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veteran’s Pension and Survivors Pension Program
- Eligibility Programs for Residents of Federally-Recognized Tribal Lands: Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR), Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA), Tribally Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TATNF), Headstart (meeting income qualifying standards) (Tribal).
- Your total household income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines (FPG).
The table below provides the maximum income you can have to be eligible for service.
Number Persons in Household Annual Income:
|Household Size||48 Contiguous States, D.C., and Territories||Alaska||Hawaii||California LifeLine|
|For Each additional Person||$6,372||$7,965||$7,331||$7,300|
How do I switch from my current Lifeline provider to Infiniti Mobile?
You will first need to check if Infiniti Mobile is providing Lifeline service in your area by clicking here and entering your zip code. If Lifeline service is available in your state, submit an application online.
Once your Lifeline benefit is transferred to Infiniti Mobile, you will no longer receive a Lifeline benefit from your current carrier since you can only get one Lifeline benefit per household. By applying to Infiniti Mobile service, you are consenting to this Lifeline benefit transfer.
How do I apply for Infiniti Mobile Lifeline service?
- Apply online here.
- Call Customer Care at 888-801-0012
- Speak to an Infiniti Mobile representative in your neighborhood. The representative will help you apply. Along with proof of eligibility, you will be required to provide proof of address and identity to qualify for a free Infiniti Mobile phone. Once the representative receives confirmation that you are approved for Lifeline service, you will be provided with a free phone. The representative will help you activate it.
If I’m approved, can I keep my current phone number?
Yes, if you are approved, you can even keep your current phone number. Here’s how:
Once you receive your Infiniti Mobile phone, you can contact Customer Care at 888-801-0012 and a representative will help you keep your current number. Just call from a different phone and have your account number and password.
Can I enroll online for California LifeLine?
Currently we are not taking online enrollments, you can contact Customer Care at 888-801-0012 and a representative will help you.
Affordable Connectivity Program (ACP)
What is ACP?
The FCC’s Affordable Connectivity Program ensures that people can afford the broadband they need for employment, school, healthcare, and other purposes. Each household is eligible for one monthly service discount and one device discount through the Affordable Connectivity Program
Who is eligible?
A household is eligible for the Affordable Connectivity Program if the household income is at or below 200% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines, or if a member of the household meets at least one of the criteria below:
- Participates in certain assistance programs, such as SNAP, Medicaid, Federal Public Housing Assistance, SSI, WIC, or Lifeline;
- Participates in Tribal specific programs, such as Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance, Tribal TANF, or Food Distribution Program on Tribal Lands;
- Participates in the National School Lunch Program or the School Breakfast Program, including through the USDA Community Eligibility Provision;
- Received a Federal Pell Grant during the current award year; or
- Meets the eligibility criteria for a participating provider’s existing low-income internet program.
You are eligible for the ACP if your income is 200% or less than the Federal Poverty Guidelines (see table below). The guidelines is based on your household size and state.
The table below reflects the income limit by household size.
|Household Size||48 Contiguous States, D.C., and Territories||Alaska||Hawaii|
|For each additional person, add||$9,440||$11,800||$10,860|
Is ACP available in my area?
If Eligible, ACP is available in all 48 Contiguous States, D.C., and Territories like Puerto Rico. Click here to see if you are eligible!