THIS AGREEMENT CONTAINS A BINDING ARBITRATION AGREEMENT AND CLASS ACTION AND JURY TRIAL WAIVER CLAUSES IN SECTION 9 BELOW THAT IS APPLICABLE TO YOU AND US.
Infiniti Mobile Terms and Conditions
This Agreement governs the provision of the Services by Infiniti Mobile (“Infiniti Mobile,” the “Company,” “we,” “us,” or “our”) to you (“your,” “applicant,” “customer,” “subscriber,” “participant,” or “user”) and your use of the Services and Devices. As used in this Agreement, the term: (A) “Services” means voice telephony (“talk”), text messaging (“text”), broadband Internet access services (“data”), and any other services provided to you by Infiniti Mobile, including services subject to federal and state Lifeline discounts , services and devices subject to Affordable Connectivity Program discounts, and prepaid wireless service; (B) “Device” means any phone, smartphone, accessory, or other device provided or sold to you by Infiniti Mobile or that you activate or use with our Services; and (C) “Underlying Carrier” means the wireless provider whose facilities we use to provide you wireless Services. The complete Agreement between you and Infiniti Mobile consists of:
- these Terms and Conditions, including the Acceptable Use Policy and the binding arbitration clause;
- any terms of service associated with your selected Service Plan;
- any tariff we have filed with respect to any of the Services we provide you;
- the Infiniti Mobile Broadband Transparency Policy, available at https://infinitimobile.com/broadband-transparency-disclosure;
- the Infiniti Mobile Accessibility Policy, available at https://infinitimobile.com/accessibility-policy; and
- any other policies or documents incorporated herein or therein by reference.
The California LifeLine Program Supplemental Terms and Conditions in Section 12 of this document describes additional terms and conditions that apply to California Residents. Other state-specific terms and conditions at the end of this document may apply to you depending on your state of eligibility.
PLEASE READ THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS CAREFULLY as they contain important information about your rights and obligations related to the Services and Devices we provide to you. These Terms and Conditions: (1) require the use of arbitration on an individual basis to resolve disputes, rather than jury trials or class actions; (2) limit our liability and the remedies available to you in the event of a dispute; (3) permit us to terminate, suspend, modify, or limit your Services at any time, without prior notice, and for any reason, including your violation of these Terms and Conditions; and (4) reserve our right to modify these Terms and Conditions at any time, in our sole discretion, and with limited notice requirements, with most modifications becoming binding on you once posted on the Infiniti Mobile website, which you should check regularly for updates.
THIS AGREEMENT BECOMES EFFECTIVE AND LEGALLY BINDING ON YOU WHEN YOU: (a) initiate, enroll in, or subscribe to the Services; (b) use or attempt to use the Services; (c) pay for the Services; (d) upgrade or modify the Services, (e) start any application, program, or software that states you are accepting this Agreement, or (f) accept the Services or Agreement through any written, oral, or electronic statement or signature. This Agreement continues until we or you terminate your Services. You must be 18 years or older to enter into this Agreement. When you accept these Terms of Service, you represent that you are at least 18 years of age and that you meet the eligibility standards for Infiniti Mobile’s Services. If you disagree with any of the terms or conditions stated herein or you are not 18 years of age, do not initiate Services with Infiniti Mobile or contact Infiniti Mobile Customer Service immediately to terminate your Services by dialing 611 from your Infiniti Mobile Device or calling toll-free at (888) 801-0012. We may deny requests to subscribe to our Services for any lawful reason.
9.2……. CLASS ACTION WAIVER. WE (YOU AND INFINITI MOBILE) EACH AGREE THAT ANY PROCEEDINGS, WHETHER IN ARBITRATION OR COURT, WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR AS A MEMBER IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. If a court or arbitrator determines in an action between you and us that this Class Action Waiver is unenforceable, then the arbitration agreement will be void as to you.
9.3……. Small Claims. You and Infiniti Mobile retain the right to seek remedies in small claims court for disputes or claims within that court’s jurisdiction, unless such action is transferred, removed or appealed to a different court. Any court having jurisdiction may enter judgment on the arbitrator’s award. This Arbitration Provision shall survive any termination, payoff or transfer of this contract. If any part of this Arbitration Provision, other than waivers of class action rights, is deemed or found to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder shall remain enforceable. If a waiver of class action rights is deemed or found to be unenforceable for any reason in a case in which class action allegations have been made, the remainder of this Arbitration Provision shall be unenforceable.
Lifeline is a government assistance program that is supported by the federal Universal Service Fund and is administered by the Universal Service Administrative Company (“USAC”). The federal Lifeline program provides discounts on monthly communications services for eligible consumers, including voice calls, text messages, and broadband Internet access services. Discounts are applied to the retail rates of Infiniti Mobile Lifeline Service Plans (discussed in Section 2) for eligible Infiniti Mobile subscribers. In some states, Lifeline service is also supported by discounts available from state universal service funds and may be administered by state administrators.
To request enrollment in Infiniti Mobile’s Lifeline-supported services, you must complete a Lifeline service application. The application requires that you certify, under penalty of perjury, that you understand and agree to the laws, regulations, and other requirements for receiving Lifeline services. By completing an application, you consent to Infiniti Mobile or its representatives assisting you with applying for Lifeline services or doing so on your behalf and to the release of any information (e.g., name, telephone number, address, and eligibility information) necessary to process your application or for administration of Lifeline services to federal and state government entities, USAC, or other administrators of the Lifeline program. Failure to consent will result in denial of Lifeline services. This consent is ongoing while you are an Infiniti Mobile Lifeline subscriber and survives any termination of this Agreement.
To be eligible for Infiniti Mobile Lifeline Services, you must meet the applicable eligibility standards. For the federal Lifeline program, eligibility standards are determined by federal regulation. For state-specific Lifeline programs, eligibility standards are determined by the appropriate state body and vary by state. These state and federal eligibility requirements include program-based eligibility or income-based eligibility. You must also be at least 18 years old (unless you are an emancipated minor) and must not be listed as a dependent on another person’s tax return (unless over the age of 60). Eligibility is determined when applicants enroll in federal and state eligibility databases, which may request documentation as evidence of an applicant’s eligibility. Acceptable documentation is determined by USAC and state third-party administrators and will be explained to you when such documentation is requested.
Program-Based Eligibility – Infiniti Mobile subscribers may qualify for program-based eligibility if they participate in one or more of the following programs:
- Programs applicable to all subscribers:
- Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program (SNAP)
- Section 8 Federal Public Housing Assistance (FPHA)
- Medicaid (not Medicare)
- Supplemental Security Income (SSI)
- Veterans and Survivors Pension Benefit
- Additional programs applicable to subscribers residing on Tribal lands:
- Food Distribution Program on Indian Reservations (FDPIR)
- Bureau of Indian Affairs General Assistance (BIA)
- Tribally-Administered Temporary Assistance for Needy Families (TANF)
- Tribal Head Start (meeting income qualifying standards)
Income-Based Eligibility – You may qualify for income-based eligibility if your total gross income is at or below 135% of the Federal Poverty Guidelines. Federal regulations define “gross income” as all income actually received by all members of the household from whatever source derived, unless specifically excluded by the Internal Revenue Code.
Under federal law, only one Lifeline benefit is permitted per household, which may be applied to wireless or landline service. For purposes of the Lifeline program, a household is defined as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same address and share income and expenses. Separate households that live at the same address are eligible, including, for example, residents of homeless shelters and nursing homes. A household is not permitted to receive Lifeline benefits from multiple providers, but the Lifeline benefit associated with your household may be transferred from another provider to Infiniti Mobile.
Infiniti Mobile’s Lifeline service is only available to applicants who reside in the areas in which Infiniti Mobile has been designated as an Eligible Telecommunications Carrier (“ETC”). To receive Lifeline service through Infiniti Mobile, an applicant’s principal and permanent residential address must be within Infiniti Mobile’s ETC service area. Applicants cannot apply for Lifeline service using a second home or business address. If you move to a new address, you must provide that new address to Infiniti Mobile within 30 days of moving. Visit www.infinitimobile.com to check whether you reside in Infiniti Mobile’s ETC service area.
Lifeline subscribers are required to recertify, on an annual basis from the date of their service initiation, that they continue to meet eligibility requirements and other qualifications to receive Lifeline services. Recertification is conducted or facilitated by USAC or state third-party administrators, but Infiniti Mobile may send you text messages reminding you to complete your recertification. If a subscriber fails to complete the annual recertification by the deadline, Infiniti Mobile will notify the subscriber that the subscriber will be de-enrolled from the Lifeline program. If the subscriber fails to recertify by the deadline or no longer meets eligibility requirements or other qualifications, the subscriber will be de-enrolled from the Lifeline program and the phone number the subscriber was using may be assigned to another subscriber. To continue utilizing the Services, the subscriber may re-enroll in the Infiniti Mobile Lifeline Program, if eligible, or choose from any of the then available prepaid plans under the applicable terms and conditions for that plan. Upon re-enrollment, the subscriber may be assigned a new phone number.
You must notify Infiniti Mobile within 30 days if for any reason you no longer satisfy the criteria for receiving Lifeline services, including if (1) you no longer meet the income-based or program-based eligibility criteria, or (2) you or a member of your household begins receiving another Lifeline benefit. Infiniti Mobile may conduct checks to verify your continued eligibility for receiving Lifeline service at any time. If we determine that you no longer satisfy the criteria, we will de-enroll you from Infiniti Mobile’s Lifeline service and deactivate your Services.
Eligibility for Infiniti Mobile is personal to you. Under federal law, you may not transfer to any third party any of your rights or benefits received under the Infiniti Mobile Service, including, but not limited to, any voice, text, or data allotments you receive to use the Infiniti Mobile Services. Similarly, you may not assign your rights or delegate any of your duties to any third party, including any individual that may be eligible to receive Lifeline service, without the prior written consent of Infiniti Mobile, and any attempted assignment or delegation without such consent shall be void. Infiniti Mobile may assign all or part of these terms or your debts to us without notice.
Subscribers must personally activate their Infiniti Mobile Lifeline service by making a call or as otherwise described by Infiniti Mobile at the time you enroll in the service.
To maintain Infiniti Mobile Lifeline service, FCC regulations require that, unless a subscriber has a regular billing and payment relationship with us, the subscriber must use the service every 30 days. Subscribers can “use” the Services by: (1) completing an outbound call, sending a text message, or using data; (2) purchasing minutes or data from Infiniti Mobile to add to the subscriber’s service plan; (3) answering an incoming call from a party other than Infiniti Mobile; or (4) responding to direct contact from Infiniti Mobile and confirming that the subscriber wants to continue receiving the Lifeline service. At or before 30 days of non-use, Infiniti Mobile will provide subscribers with notice that failure to use the Lifeline services within a 15-day notice period will result in de-enrollment. Infiniti Mobile may also send text messages reminding a subscriber to use the service. If a subscriber does not respond to the notice or use the service before the end of the 15-day notice period, Infiniti Mobile is required to and will de-enroll the subscriber from Lifeline service. At that time, the subscriber’s Services will be deactivated, except that the subscriber still will be able to use the Device associated with the Services to contact 911 emergency services, provided it is charged and able to connect to a wireless network.
Lifeline is a federal benefit and any violation of federal or state Lifeline laws and regulations can result in fines, imprisonment, de-enrollment, or permanently being barred from the program. Willfully providing false or fraudulent information to obtain or continue to receive Lifeline benefits, violating the one-per-household limitation, or otherwise violating or failing to follow the Lifeline requirements or limitations all constitute violations of federal or state Lifeline laws or regulations. Infiniti Mobile may suspend or de-enroll you from receiving Lifeline-supported service, without notice, if we suspect or determine that you have engaged in fraud or violated any Lifeline laws or regulations.
In addition to de-enrollment for any of the reasons described above, you may request to be de-enrolled from Lifeline service for any reason and at any time by contacting Infiniti Mobile Customer Service. De-enrollment requests (including name, wireless number, and identity related information) can be made by phone (dialing 611 from your Infiniti Mobile Device or calling toll-free at (888) 801-0012, physical mail (Infiniti Mobile, 500 N Central EXPY STE 202, Plano, TX 75074 )), or electronically (via our website at www.infinitimobile.com). Upon receiving a request, you will be de-enrolled within five (5) business days. Upon de-enrollment from the Lifeline program, you will no longer receive free minutes, text messages, or data each month and will be required to re-qualify for Lifeline service if you choose to enroll in another Infiniti Mobile Lifeline service plan. Additionally, a subscriber may be de-enrolled at the request of a federal or state government authority.
You may transfer your Lifeline benefit from another Lifeline provider to Infiniti Mobile or from Infiniti Mobile to another Lifeline provider. Infiniti Mobile complies with the FCC’s rules regarding transferring Lifeline benefits.
Except as otherwise described in this Agreement, you must be enrolled in a Service Plan to utilize our Services. Wireless Service Plan descriptions, including rates and associated talk, text, and data allotments (collectively, “Allotments”), are available on the Infiniti Mobile website at www.infinitimobile.com. Service Plan availability, rates, and Allotments may vary by state and are subject to change at any time. You may not be eligible for certain Service Plans or rates. Service Plans support free access to caller ID, voicemail, call waiting, and 3-way calling. Lifeline discounts are automatically applied to the retail rate of the Service Plan you select, and you must pay any additional co-pay. Service Plans are non-refundable, cannot be transferred to any third party (including another Infiniti Mobile account or customer), and may not be exchanged or resold. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Infiniti Mobile may, from time to time, provide refunds in its sole discretion. New subscribers select a Service Plan upon enrollment and existing subscribers can contact Customer Service to change their Service Plan by dialing 611 from their Infiniti Mobile Device or calling toll-free at (888) 801-0012. Service Plan changes are usually effective at the start of the next monthly service renewal date.
Infiniti Mobile wireless subscribers can purchase “Top Up” Plans to receive allotments talk, text, and data by calling Infiniti Mobile Customer Services by dialing (888) 801-0012 or 611 from your Infiniti Mobile wireless device. “Top Up” Plans, including rates and associated talk, text, and data allotments, are available on the Infiniti Mobile website at www.infinitimobile.com. “Top Up” Plan availability, rates, and Allotments may vary by state and are subject to change at any time. “Top Up” Plans are non-refundable, cannot be transferred to any third party (including another Infiniti Mobile account or customer), and may not be exchanged or resold. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Infiniti Mobile may, from time to time, provide refunds in its sole discretion.
Talk, text, and data allotments have no cash value, are non-refundable, cannot be transferred to any third party (including another Infiniti Mobile account or customer), and may not be exchanged, resold, redeemed, or substituted for cash, merchandise, or services. If you terminate your service, you will forfeit and are not entitled to a full or partial refund for any unused Allotments. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Infiniti Mobile may, from time to time, provide refunds in its sole discretion. If you use your full talk, text, or data allotment before the start of a new monthly cycle, the Service associated that allotment with be suspended for the remainder of the monthly cycle, except that you will be able to continue contacting emergency services by dialing 911 and Infiniti Mobile Customer Services by dialing (888) 801-0012 or 611. Suspensions may occur while you are engaged in calls, text communications, or data usage, in which case, Infiniti Mobile is not responsible for any costs, losses, or damages caused by such interruptions, including to reestablish communications. You may check your Allotment balances at any time free of charge by dialing 611 from your Infiniti Mobile Device or calling (888) 801-0012. You are responsible for all usage of Allotments regardless of who uses or possesses your Device and regardless of whether the Device is used with your consent or knowledge. Unused Service Plan Allotments, including Top-Up Allotments, expire on the last day of your monthly cycle and will not carry over to the next monthly cycle unless specifically provided for by the Service Plan.
All incoming and outgoing voice calls on your Device, regardless of whether the call is on the network of our Underlying Carrier or roaming, use talk minute allotments, including calls to toll-free numbers but excluding 911 emergency calls, Infiniti Mobile Customer Service Calls to 611 and (888) 801-0012, and other calls specified herein. Call time is measured in one-minute increments, with a minimum time per call of one (1) minute. Partial minutes of use are rounded up to the next full minute at the end of each call. Infiniti Mobile does not allow free calls to other Infiniti Mobile subscribers. Outgoing calls begin the moment you initiate a call and incoming calls begin the moment the signal connection from the caller is established with our facilities. Calls end after you or the other party terminates the call, but not until we receive a signal that the call has disconnected. Call length information displayed on your Device may not be accurate for calculating use of voice allotments. For simultaneous calls (incoming call waiting calls and 3-ways calls), talk minutes may be deducted for each call. Call time may include ring time, incomplete calls, unanswered calls, busy signal calls, voicemail deposit and retrieval time, and time to process call transfers. Calls that begin during one monthly cycle and end in another monthly cycle are generally deducted from talk allotments from the starting monthly cycle. No credit or refund is given for dropped calls.
Each Short Message Service (“SMS” or “text”) and Multimedia Messaging Service (“MMS” or “multimedia”) message that is sent or received on your wireless Device is deducted from text message allotments, whether read or unread, viewed or unviewed, or solicited or unsolicited. Infiniti Mobile does not allow free texts to other Infiniti Mobile subscribers. Most text messages are limited to 160 characters. Multimedia messages can typically include pictures, audio clips, and more characters, which may be limited. Some Devices may not be able to send, receive, or access multimedia messages. We reserve the right to change the multimedia message size limits at any time without notification. There is no guarantee that messages will be received, and Infiniti Mobile is not responsible for lost or misdirected messages.
All data usage that occurs through your wireless Device (except for data usage that occurs when your Device is connected to Wi-Fi) will be deducted from your data allotment, including all active and passive usage, regardless of who initiates the usage, and whether or not the data transmissions are successful. All data usage is calculated in full-kilobyte increments and actual usage is rounded up to the next full-kilobyte increment at the end of each data session. Data usage may occur whenever your Device is connected to the network of our Underlying Carrier or roaming and transmitting data, including, but not limited to: (a) sending, receiving, or downloading any type of content, including emails, documents, files, pictures, MMS messages, and any other content, (b) accessing websites, (c) downloading and using applications, (d) streaming content, or (e) requesting software updates. Data usage may also occur from network overhead, including (i) for access, transport, and routing of data on the network of our Underlying Carrier, (ii) from partial or interrupted downloads and resend requests caused by network errors or when you cancel or attempt to cancel a transmission, and (iii) from unsuccessful attempts to reach websites or use applications. Some applications, content, programs, and software that you download or that come pre-installed on your Device regularly send and receive data transmissions when your Device is powered on to function properly, without you affirmatively initiating transmissions and without your knowledge. For example, applications that provide real-time information, location-based services, or synchronization with cloud services frequently or continually send and receive updated information so that it is available to you when you want to access it. In addition, any advertisements or advertiser-related messages or data delivered to your Device, even if delivered to an application, and any messages or content that are initiated in response to an advertisement, use data. Based on several factors (e.g., the specific application, network performance, etc.) data usage may vary widely, even for the same activity. Estimates of data usage (e.g., the size of downloadable files) will not necessarily be an accurate predictor of actual usage. To prevent unintended data usage, you should connect your device to Wi-Fi when available and supported by your Device or power off your Device when it is not in use.
Upon enrolling in Infiniti Mobile’s Lifeline service, you may be eligible to receive a free wireless Device from Infiniti Mobile to use with the wireless Services, in which case, you can upgrade to higher grade device offered by Infiniti Mobile for an additional cost, if available. If you are not eligible for a free Device, Infiniti Mobile will provide you with a free SIM that you can use with a wireless Device you purchase from us or with your own wireless Device. Device models offered by Infiniti Mobile are selected at our sole discretion and comply with the FCC’s minimum requirements for devices. Your Infiniti Mobile Device can only be used with our Services and cannot be activated by or used on the network of any other wireless service provider. Infiniti Mobile reserves the right to substitute or replace any Device provided by Infiniti Mobile with another Infiniti Mobile Device of comparable quality at any time. Devices provided by Infiniti Mobile will be delivered to your home address. Infiniti Mobile Devices may not be purchased in bulk or sold to third parties. If you provide your own Device, you are responsible for ensuring your Device is unlocked, compatible with and does not interfere with our Services or the network of our Underlying Carrier, and complies with all applicable laws, rules, regulations, and standards. Additionally, your Device cannot be reported as lost or stolen or associated with fraudulent activity. You are responsible for the maintenance of your Device and the purchase and maintenance of any additional hardware or software necessary to use your Device with our Services. Not all Services are available with all Devices, on all networks, or at all times, and we do not guarantee the availability of all Services on all Devices. Some functions and features referenced in the manufacturer’s manual for your Device may not be available when using your Device with Infiniti Mobile’s Services, whether the Device is provided by Infiniti Mobile or by you.
Devices purchased directly from Infiniti Mobile may be returned for a full refund within 30 days of purchase with the original receipt. Devices must be returned in their original package and with all original components, including, but not limited to the: handset, box, charger, battery, battery cover, manuals, and accessories. All items must be undamaged and in like-new condition, including free from cracks, scratches, liquid damage, or any other damage and free from engravings or attachments that alter the original out of box appearance. Refunds will not be issued for Device returns that are missing components or damaged. Infiniti Mobile also will issue a refund for defective Devices, as determined by us in our sole discretion, if returned within 30 days. Prior to returning a Device, erase all personal data and disable or remove all security features. Please contact Infiniti Mobile at (888) 801-0012 or 611 for instructions. Infiniti Mobile is not responsible for lost or mishandled returns. If you ship a Device return, we recommend that you obtain a tracking number. Infiniti Mobile does not exchange Devices. If an exchange is necessary, you must follow the instructions for returning the Device and purchase a new one. SIM cards are not eligible for returns and/or refunds.
Infiniti Mobile does not manufacture any Devices or equipment you may use with the Services, including Devices we may provide or sell to you. We are not liable for any defects, acts, or omissions of the manufacturers. Your Device’s manufacturer may provide you with a warranty directly or that we may pass through from the manufacturer to you. If your Device becomes defective after the standard 30-day return policy, you must contact the manufacturer for any warranty options.
Upon accepting a Device from us, all risk of loss, theft, damage, or destruction of your Device or its accessories, whether provided by us or by you, is borne by you. Infiniti Mobile is not responsible for, nor will we issue refunds for any lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed phones or accessories. In the event your Device is lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed, you may purchase a replacement Device from Infiniti Mobile at your own expense. If a Device provided by Infiniti Mobile is lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed while in transit to you and before delivery, we may replace the Device in our sole discretion. When you activate a replacement Device, we will apply any remaining Allotments associated with your monthly Service Plan. If your Device is lost or stolen, you are responsible for any usage of your Allotments or charges incurred using your Device until you report the loss or theft to us by contacting Infiniti Mobile Customer Service at (888) 801-0012. Upon receiving notice of a lost or stolen Device, Infiniti Mobile will take immediate steps to suspend the Services. If you do not activate a replacement Device or fail to notify Infiniti Mobile that you have found a lost or stolen Device within thirty days (30) days, we may cancel your subscription to Infiniti Mobile Services and reassign the number associated with your account to another user. If your Services are canceled or if you choose to terminate your Services following the loss, theft, damage, or destruction of your Device, we will not prorate charges to the date of the cancelation or termination, and you will not receive a credit or refund for any unused Allotments. You agree to cooperate and act in good faith and in a reasonable manner in connection with any investigation of the loss or theft of your Device (e.g., by providing facts, sworn statements, or other information that would help the investigation). Except as otherwise provided herein, if your Device is lost, stolen, damaged, or destroyed, you remain responsible for complying with your other obligations under this Agreement including, but not limited to, payment of any charges.
Infiniti Mobile may, from time-to-time remotely update or change your Device’s software, applications, or programming, including your Device’s electronic SIM card, without notice, to address security, safety, or other issues that impact our Underlying Carrier’s network or your Device. These changes will modify your Device and may affect or erase data stored on your Device, how you have programmed your Device, or how you use your Device. Infiniti Mobile is not responsible for lost data or functionality. While your Device is receiving a software update, whether by our action or yours, you may be unable to use your Device in any manner until the software update is complete, including to contact 911 or other emergency services.
Infiniti Mobile may offer software, content, and applications, which you may choose to download from Infiniti Mobile or third-party sources or that may come preinstalled on your Device. These may or may not be branded as Infiniti Mobile software, content, and applications. These software, content, and applications are licensed, not sold, to you by Infiniti Mobile and/or its licensors/suppliers for personal, lawful, non-commercial use solely in connection with your use of your Infiniti Mobile Device with our Services. You may be subject to additional license terms between you and the third-party creator or owner of such software, content, and applications. You acknowledge Infiniti Mobile or its licensors/suppliers are the intended third party beneficiaries of these licenses. Your use of these software, content, and applications must comply with their intended purposes, the license, this Agreement, and all applicable laws. You may only make such copies as is reasonably necessary for your personal non-commercial use. You may not (and you agree not to enable others to) otherwise copy, decompile, reverse engineer, disassemble, reproduce, attempt to derive the source code of, decrypt, modify, defeat, or circumvent protective and other digital rights management mechanisms, combine, or create derivative works of the software, content, and applications or any portion thereof. You may not rent, lease, lend, sell, redistribute, transfer, sublicense, broadcast, or cause public performance of the software, content, and applications or any portion thereof. You agree the software, content, and applications contain proprietary information owned by Infiniti Mobile, its licensors/suppliers, or the creator/owner. Infiniti Mobile and its licensors/suppliers reserve the right to update, modify, delete, suspend or terminate access to, or impose limits on the use or access of the software, content, and applications at any time, without notice. Without limitation, the warranty disclaimer, limitation of liability, and indemnification provisions found in this Agreement apply to these software, content, and applications.
You are not permitted to unlock, re-flash, tamper with, or otherwise alter the hardware or software on your Infiniti Mobile Device for any purpose. Your Infiniti Mobile Device may have a software programming lock that protects certain of the handset’s operating parameters against unauthorized reprogramming.
Subject to certain limitations, Infiniti Mobile complies with the CTIA Consumer Code regarding the ability of our current and former subscribers and individual owners to request that we unlock eligible Infiniti Mobile Devices that are locked by or at the direction of Infiniti Mobile. Specifically, Infiniti Mobile adheres to the following principles:
- Infiniti Mobile has posted this clear, concise, and readily accessible policy regarding postpaid and prepaid mobile wireless Device unlocking on its website.
- Prepaid Unlocking Policy. Infiniti Mobile will, upon request, unlock prepaid Devices no later than one year after initial activation, for subscribers that are in full compliance with our Terms and Conditions.
- Lifeline Unlocking Policy. Infiniti Mobile will, upon request, unlock Devices used to access Lifeline services no later than one year after initial activation, for subscribers that are in full compliance with our Terms and Conditions.
- N Infiniti Mobile will clearly notify customers that their Devices are eligible for unlocking at the time when their Devices are eligible for unlocking or automatically unlock Devices remotely when Devices are eligible for unlocking, without additional fee. Infiniti Mobile reserves the right to charge non-customers/non-former-customers with a reasonable fee for unlocking requests. Notice to prepaid customers may occur at point of sale, at the time of eligibility, or through a clear and concise statement of policy on the Infiniti Mobile website.
- Response Time. Infiniti Mobile will, within two days of receiving an unlocking request, do one of the following: (i) unlock or provide information to facilitate the unlocking of an eligible phone; (ii) initiate a request to the original equipment manufacturer to unlock a Device; (iii) explain to the requesting customer why the phone is ineligible for unlocking; or (iv) offer a reasonable explanation as to why Infiniti Mobile needs more time to process the unlocking request.
- Deployed Personnel Unlocking Policy. For deployed military personnel who are in full compliance with the Infiniti Mobile Terms and Conditions, we will unlock Devices upon receiving a valid copy of deployment papers.
“Unlocking” refers only to the disabling of software that prevents a Device from being used on another carrier’s network, even if that network is technologically compatible. It does not pertain to hardware changes and does not guarantee that an Infiniti Mobile Device will be compatible with any particular carrier’s network or that all functionality of the Device can be enabled on any other network. Devices that work on the network of Infiniti Mobile’s Underlying Carrier may not work with other carriers’ networks due to the use of different frequencies and technologies to provide wireless network access.
As a reseller of wireless service, Infiniti Mobile’s unlocking policy may be subject to limitations imposed by its Underlying Carrier. Additionally, Infiniti Mobile may deny a Device unlocking request if, in our sole discretion, we have a reasonable basis to believe that the request is an effort to defraud the company or its subscribers or that the Device is stolen.
You are responsible for paying all one-time and recurring charges that result from your commercial relationship with Infiniti Mobile and from the use of our Services, whether accrued by you or by another person using your Device or Services, including, but not limited to: (i) one time or recurring Service Plan charges; (ii) Top-Up Plan charges; (iii) Device purchase, upgrade, and replacement charges; (iv) activation, reconnection, prepayment, and other administrative or customer service charges or fees; (v) returned and late payment charges or fees; (vi) roaming, network, and other surcharges; (vii) optional feature charges, such as operator and directory assistance, toll and collect calls, voicemail, and call forwarding, if applicable; and (viii) all required or applicable federal, state, and local taxes, surcharges, fees, and any other regulatory or governmental assessments, whether assessed directly upon you or upon Infiniti Mobile and billed to you for cost recovery. We do not assess early termination fees. Taxes, fees, and surcharges may vary depending on the billing address associated with your account and may vary from month-to-month based on our or the government’s calculations. We may, but are not obligated to, provide notice of such variances. Advertised rates may not include federal, state, and local taxes, fees, surcharges, and other assessments. With the exception of taxes or other charges that are required by law, no additional surcharges are assessed on Lifeline-supported services and charges and fees associated with Lifeline-supported Services are all inclusive and fully disclosed to Lifeline applicants and subscribers. All charges, fees, and taxes, once paid, are non-refundable.
If your service plan is not covered by a Lifeline and/or Affordable Connectivity Program discount, you will receive your bill electronically on a monthly basis, but you may request a paper bill. You are responsible for reviewing your bills to ensure that all charges are accurate. Infiniti Mobile bills will distinguish (a) charges collected and retained by the carrier, including charges for Service Plans, “Top Up” Plans, and features, from (b) taxes, surcharges, fees, and any other regulatory or governmental assessments collected by us and remitted to federal, state, or local governments. Cost recovery fees and charges will not be labeled as taxes. You agree to pay for all prepaid charges immediately when billed and all postpaid charges on or before your payment due date or monthly expiration date using a credit or debit card or other valid payment method. In the event you do not pay the amount due on or before the payment due date or monthly expiration date, Infiniti Mobile may convert you to a Service Plan that is free after the application of all available Lifeline discounts. You must promptly notify us of any change in your billing address or payment method. By providing payment information and accepting this agreement, you authorize us or our payment service provider to charge your payment method in advance for prepaid payments to ensure that payments are received by any due date. You may cancel the automatic renewal of your Service Plan at any time. We will not, except in our sole discretion, refund, prorate, or credit any charges, fees, or taxes, including if you modify or terminate your service before or have remaining Allotments at the end of your monthly cycle. If you wish to dispute a charge, you must do so in accordance with the dispute resolution process described in Section 9.
If we attempt to charge your credit card or any other payment account for a charge and the credit card company or other financial institution withholds such payment because there is an insufficient balance or the charge has been disputed (a “Chargeback”), we reserve the right to suspend your access to our service for up to 30 days until the payment is processed or the Chargeback is reversed. If the non-payment is not resolved and reversed, your account will be deactivated at the end of the 30-day period and Infiniti Mobile will assess you a termination charge equal to the balance in your account or the highest amount permitted by law, which is not refundable even if you reactivate your account. If your account is reactivated, you may be charged a fee for each non-payment. You agree to reimburse us the fees of any collection agency, which may be based on a percentage at a maximum of 33% of the debt, and all costs and expenses, including reasonable attorneys’ fees, we incur in such collection efforts or the most allowed by law, whichever is less. We may also charge you fees when your payments are not made on or before your scheduled payment date.
Infiniti Mobile does not condition the provision of Services on a subscriber’s credit rating, credit history, or other method of determining creditworthiness. Infiniti Mobile does not provide subscriber payment history and other account billing and charge information to any credit reporting agency or industry clearinghouse. No deposits are held or required as a condition of receiving Services nor do we have any preset account spending limits.
Infiniti Mobile may, from time to time, provide you with promotional credits, promotional offers, or loyalty rewards (collectively, “Promotions and Rewards”). Promotional credits are typically courtesy account credits due to service issues, device issues, or customer inconveniences. Promotional offers are typically plan, device, and pricing offers that are available for a limited time or when you meet certain conditions. Loyalty rewards are typically rewards for being an Infiniti Mobile customer. Promotions and Rewards are offered at the sole discretion of Infiniti Mobile. Promotions and Rewards can only be claimed and redeemed by accountholders and only will be associated with the account of the customer who was offered the Promotions and Rewards. Promotions and Rewards may not be sold or transferred to another Infiniti Mobile account or to any other person. Promotions and Rewards have no fixed or cash value or equivalent, and may not be exchanged, transferred, resold, redeemed, or substituted for cash, merchandise, or services. If your Infiniti Mobile Services are terminated for any reason, any Promotions and Rewards offered to you or associated with your account are forfeited. If you fail to make payments on your account or otherwise violate this Agreement, you may lose the ability to claim or redeem Promotions and Rewards. Promotions and Rewards are not your property and Infiniti Mobile may, in its sole discretion, change, modify, discontinue, suspend, revoke, cancel, or terminate them at any time, with or without notice. Promotions and Rewards may not be available to all subscribers, in all locations, or combinable with other Promotions and Rewards. Promotions and Rewards may be subject to additional terms and conditions as described to you when offered to you.
Devices associated with your Services may be used to purchase content, information, applications, and other goods and services from third parties, including in-app purchases (collectively, “Third-Party Purchases”). You are responsible for all charges resulting from Third-Party Purchases and are presumed to have provided the consent and representations required for those purchases regardless of whether the purchases were made by you or someone using a Device associated with your account, including consent for the use and disclosure of your account information to provision and bill for the purchases, consent to use location information to deliver the purchases to the Device, and representations of age for the person using the Device when a purchase is made. If you cancel or attempt to cancel a download or purchase that is in progress, or if a download or purchase is otherwise interrupted through no action on your part, you may nevertheless be charged in accordance with the terms and conditions associated with the purchase. Infiniti Mobile will not be liable for any such charges. If you believe your Services were used fraudulently to make purchases, you must notify us immediately and provide us with such documentation and information as we may request (including affidavits and police reports) as evidence of the fraudulent use. After you notify us, we will attempt to help you prevent the fraud by terminating existing Services if possible and practicable, but you will remain responsible for all charges. You agree to cooperate with us in any fraud investigation and to use any fraud prevention measures we prescribe. Failure to provide reasonable cooperation may result in your liability for all fraudulent usage and charges. Infiniti Mobile makes no representations or warranties (expressed or implied), to the fullest extent permitted by law, including for merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, of Third-Party Purchases nor are we responsible for proper download, installation, functionality, or security of Third-Party Purchases.
You can access your subscriber account information by contacting Infiniti Mobile Customer Service and providing necessary authentication information. You will only be able to access Customer Proprietary Network Information (“CPNI”), as defined by the Federal Communications Commission, by providing a password associated with your account. If you are not able to provide a password, Infiniti Mobile can only disclose your CPNI by sending it to your address of record or by calling you at your telephone number of record. We may, but are not obligated to, allow you to authorize other individuals to access your account. If you authorize another person to access your account or provide such person with your authentication information, those individuals may be permitted to make changes to your account. You authorize us to provide information about and make changes to your account, including changes to your Service Plan and features, upon the direction of any person able to provide your authentication information. Those changes will be binding on you and Infiniti Mobile takes no responsibility for those changes. To protect the security of your CPNI, your password should be unique and complex. You should not provide your account authentication information, including your password, to third parties, and such information should be stored safely to prevent third-party access. If you believe your account authentication information was disclosed or accessed by an unauthorized person, we advise you to change the information immediately.
Infiniti Mobile wireless talk and text allotments can only be used for domestic calls and text messages. International calls and text messages are not included with our Service Plans or “Top Up” Plans.
The availability of Infiniti Mobile wireless Services is subject to the geographic coverage area of our Underlying Carrier and its roaming partners. Only domestic U.S. coverage is available; we do not offer international coverage. Coverage is not available everywhere in the domestic U.S., and you will not have access to our Services outside the coverage area. A coverage map reflecting the approximate geographic coverage area of our Underlying Carrier and its roaming partners can be accessed from www.infinitimobile.com. Areas without coverage are shown as gaps. Coverage maps are generated using generally accepted methodologies and standards but are only approximations of actual coverage. There may be locations within the estimated coverage area where actual coverage is limited and you may experience interruptions or reductions in Service quality, including due to interference from buildings and other structures, terrain, and foliage. Additionally, actual coverage at any given time may vary by Service and be affected by factors beyond our control, as described in Section 5.5. Coverage maps and any statements by us, our agents, or dealers about coverage are only intended to provide high-level estimates of our coverage area when you are using our Services outdoors under optimal conditions and do not mean that service will be available under all circumstances, at all times, or without interruption. Infiniti Mobile does not guarantee or warrant the coverage of the network of our Underlying Carrier or its roaming partners. Where there is no coverage, 911 calls may not reach public safety answering points. In such instances, subscribers should dial 911 from the nearest landline phone. Coverage maps may be updated periodically and without notice to reflect the current operations of our Underlying Carrier and its roaming partners.
“Roaming” occurs when a subscriber of one wireless service provider uses the network of another wireless provider based on agreements between the two providers. Roaming agreements may change from time to time, and roaming coverage is subject to change. Roaming most often occurs when you make and receive calls outside of the coverage area of our Underlying Carrier, but it may also occur within our Underlying Carrier’s coverage areas. Your ability to receive roaming coverage may depend on the capabilities of your Device. Your Device will generally indicate when you are roaming. While roaming, you will typically be able to use all the Services under your Service Plan with no additional charge, however, data Services and certain calling features (e.g., voicemail, caller ID, and call waiting) may not be available or function the same way in all roaming areas, and limits on the number of minutes used while roaming may apply. Only domestic roaming is available; there is no international roaming.
In addition to factors that affect coverage, Service availability and quality may be subject to “Service Limitations,” which may depend on whether you are using wireless or landline Services. These include interruptions, delays, or reductions, due to a variety of factors, including, but not limited to: weather and atmospheric conditions; obstructions; electromagnetic interference; use of the Services inside a building or moving vehicle; your geographic location relative to our coverage area; your proximity to wireless cell sites; the capacity of a cell site; the number of other customers connected to the same cell site; other network capacity limitations and congestion; the capabilities and compatibility of your device; network outages or issues on the network of our Underlying Carrier or interconnecting carriers; and priority access by National Security and Emergency Preparedness personnel in the event of a disaster or emergency. Additional factors that may affect our Services are described in our Broadband Transparency Policy, available at https://infinitimobile.com/broadband‑transparency‑disclosure. Once identified, Infiniti Mobile takes reasonable steps to attempt to remedy Service Limitations that are within its control. Service Limitations may also occur as a result of network maintenance, including equipment modifications, upgrades, relocations, repairs, or similar activities necessary or proper for network operation or improvement imposed by Infiniti Mobile, its Underlying Carrier, or interconnecting carries. Infiniti Mobile will use reasonable efforts to notify you prior to the performance of such maintenance and will attempt to schedule its maintenance during non-peak hours. Service Limitations may result in dropped or blocked calls, inability to make or receive calls, inability to send or receive text messages, or inability to access the Internet and other data services. You acknowledge that the Services are provided through the nationwide wireless network of the underlying carrier of our choosing and may be subject to the service availability and quality of our Underlying Carrier. We do not guarantee or warrant the availability or quality of the Services at any given time or geographic location, we are not liable for Service Limitations, and you are not guaranteed compensation or reimbursement for Service Limitations. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if your Services experiences Service Limitations for 24 or more continuous hours by a cause within our control, and you notify Infiniti Mobile at (888) 801-0012 within seven (7) days of the Service Issue, we may, in our sole discretion and on a case-by-case basis, issue you a credit.
Infiniti Mobile or our Underlying Carrier may, but are not obligated to, take any action they deem necessary to: (1) address security threats and otherwise protect the networks, Services, systems, and equipment from harm or degradation; (2) optimize, improve, or manage the networks, Services, systems, and equipment; (3) preserve and protect their rights and interests and those of their subscribers and third parties; and (4) otherwise ensure the activities of some users do not impair the ability of Infiniti Mobile or our Underlying Carrier to provide their subscribers with access to reliable Services provided at reasonable costs. Such actions may include, but are not limited to:
- discontinuing, blocking, or terminating certain categories of Services;
- restricting, reducing, or limiting the amount of usage of the Services;
- limiting data throughput speeds or quantities;
- reducing the size of data transfers;
- limiting, disabling, or preventing access to particular features;
- blocking, limiting, or disconnecting access to individual phone numbers or certain categories of phone numbers (e.g., 976, 900), countries, destinations, or providers;
- limiting the provision of Services at certain times or in certain areas, including due to changes in coverage of our Underlying Carrier or changes in roaming agreements;
- filtering or blocking certain calls, texts, and data transmissions sent through the network, including spam, unlawful and unwanted telemarketing calls and messages, and malware (we do not guarantee that you will not receive and we are not liable for such calls, text, or transmissions; if you are receiving unwanted telemarketing messages, contact the source and unsubscribe or remove your mobile phone number from the service);
- blocking calls to you at your request or to other called parties at their request;
- blocking or otherwise preventing access to third party services or other premium services, features, or content that would generate additional fees or charges billed to Infiniti Mobile, either directly or through your account as a result of your use of or access to the service, feature, or content;
- blocking hacking and other attempts for unauthorized access; and
- blocking or terminating usage that is indicative of uses prohibited by the Acceptable Use Policy (Section 6), including uses that result in abnormally long calls, high costs, or high usage.
Some of these actions may interrupt or prevent legitimate communications and usage, including by resulting in dropped or blocked calls, inability to make or receive calls, inability to send or receive text messages, or inability to access the Internet and other data services. For additional information about our network security practices for our data Service, please review our Broadband Transparency Policy at https://infinitimobile.com/broadband‑transparency‑disclosure.
Your Device’s location information may be used to assist emergency services in finding you, but you should always be prepared to provide both your location information and phone number when contacting 911 or other emergency services. Wireless devices may not always be able to provide 911 dispatchers with your exact location or other information when you make an emergency call. Even when location information is transmitted from your wireless Device to a dispatcher, the information may not be accurate. If you attempt to make an emergency call from your wireless Device in an area where there is no wireless coverage, your call may not go through, in which case, you should try calling again from the nearest landline phone. Infiniti Mobile does not guarantee that your location information will be transmitted to emergency dispatchers or that any location information that is transmitted will be accurate. Nor does Infiniti Mobile guarantee that you will be able to contact emergency services in areas where there is limited or no wireless coverage.
You must accept the phone number we assign to you at the time you subscribe to Infiniti Mobile Services. We reserve the right to change your mobile phone number at any time, but we will attempt to notify you prior to any such change. You can switch your number to another Infiniti Mobile Device at no additional charge. Except for any legal right you may have to transfer (“port”) your phone number to or from another carrier, you have no and cannot gain any proprietary ownership or other rights to any phone number we assign to you, your Device, or your account. We do not guarantee that numbers ported to or from Infiniti Mobile will be successful. To request to port a phone number to or from Infiniti Mobile, please contact Infiniti Mobile Customer Service by dialing 611 from your Infiniti Mobile Device or calling toll-free at (888) 801-0012. Before you call to port a number to Infiniti Mobile, please have a bill from your existing wireless or wireline provider available. When you port a number to Infiniti Mobile from another carrier, you are solely responsible for all charges billed or incurred prior to deactivation of service with your prior carrier and for any applicable early termination fees assessed by your prior carrier; Infiniti Mobile will not reimburse you for these charges. Due to compatibility issues, you may be required to purchase or obtain a new device to use our Services after you port a number to Infiniti Mobile, and you may be without Services until the new device is configured. If you authorize another carrier to port a number from Infiniti Mobile, we will consider that a request by you to terminate all of your Services with us that are associated with that number and the termination will occur on the date the number is ported. We reserve the right, prior to honoring the port request, to collect any balance owed by you to us. If your Services are terminated for any reason and you do not port your number to another provider, we may reassign the phone number you were using to another subscriber without notice. You will not be able to transfer any unused talk, text, or data allotments on your Infiniti Mobile account to your new provider and after the porting is completed, you will no longer be able to use our Services with that number. Under no circumstance will we refund you for any Allotments or account payments if you port out your number. If you port your phone number to or from Infiniti Mobile, some Services, such as 911 location services, may not be immediately available through Infiniti Mobile or the other carrier while the port is being processed.
You are only permitted to use Infiniti Mobile’s Devices and Services for lawful, personal, and non-commercial uses. Subject to those limitations, voice and text service is solely for live dialogue between, and initiated by, individuals while data services are provided only for uses such as web surfing, sending and receiving email, using messaging services for live dialogue between, and initiated by, individuals, sharing photographs, non-continuous streaming of videos, downloading files, online gaming, and use of applications.
Prohibited uses included those that are unlawful, harmful, or otherwise impact our ability or the ability of our Underlying Carrier to provide the Services to our or its subscribers. You are responsible for all activity through your Device and Services, including any conduct by others, and are liable to Infiniti Mobile for any prohibited uses or damages resulting from prohibited activities or uses that occur using your Device or Services. Prohibited uses include, but are not limited to:
- Infringement:Infringing or otherwise violating any intellectual property rights or other proprietary rights including, without limitation, material protected by copyright, trademark, patent, trade secret, or other intellectual property right, which may result from the unauthorized copying, distribution, posting, editing, or modifying of pictures, logos, software, articles, musical works, and videos.
- Unlawful, Offensive, and Harmful Conduct or Content:Engaging in conduct or dissemination of content that is unlawful, libelous, slanderous, defamatory, obscene, indecent, lewd, harassing, threatening, harmful, invasive of privacy or publicity rights, abusive, inflammatory, inciting unlawful or violent acts, or otherwise objectionable. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not access or use our Devices or Services in any manner for the transmission or dissemination of images containing child pornography. We reserve the right to remove or delete any content you have disseminated using our Services that, in our sole discretion, have determined violates this Agreement or is otherwise objectionable.
- Fraudulent Conduct:Engaging in any fraudulent activity, including, but not limited to: (1) conducting fraudulent business operations and practices; (2) offering or disseminating fraudulent goods, services, schemes, or promotions (e.g., make-money-fast schemes, chain letters, and pyramid schemes); and (3) individual or business representation as an authorized third-party affiliation or agent for a business entity without the business’ prior consent.
- Falsification/Impersonation:Using the Device or Services to impersonate any person or entity; falsely state, mask, or otherwise misrepresent yourself or your affiliation with any person or entity; or create a false identity for the purpose of misleading others. Without limiting the foregoing, you may not use invalid or forged headers, invalid or non-existent domain names, false date or time stamps, false originating e-mail addresses or other identifiers, or other means of deceptive addressing.
- Commercial, Unsolicited, and Spam Communications: Using the Services to distribute, publish, send, or engage in: (i) commercial, marketing, advertising, or promotional communications or solicitations to any person without the person’s consent; (ii) spam, chain mail, bulk messages, automatically generated messages, numerous copies of the same or substantially similar messages, empty messages, or messages that contain no substantive content; and (iii) telemarketing, autodialed, or prerecorded communications. This includes using our mail servers or another site’s mail server to relay messages without the express permission of the account holder or the site.
- Violation of Third-Party Policies:Violating the rules, regulations, or policies that apply to any third-party network, server, computer database, website, or application you access.
- Excessive Utilization of the Services:Engaging in excessive use of the Services relative to typical usage by other Infiniti Mobile customers on similar service plans, including making or receiving an abnormally high number of calls, sending or receiving an unusually high number of messages, repeatedly placing calls of unusually long duration, or consuming a disproportionate amount of available network resources. Such activities suggest the Services are being used other than for personal, non-commercial use in violation of this Agreement and may impair or degrade use of the Services by other customers.
- Uses Causing Excessive Utilization of Services:Continuous, unattended, or excessive streaming, downloading, or uploading of videos, music, or other files; using applications that automatically consume unreasonable amounts of network resources, are designed for unattended use, operate as automatic data feeds, constitute automated machine-to-machine connections, or are used in a way that degrades network capacity or functionality; using the Services in connection with server devices or to operate a hosting service; using the Services as the functional equivalent of a private or dedicated access line or an access point for intra-company private branch exchange services; maintaining open lines of communication for extended periods of time (e.g., baby monitoring or other monitoring services); and placing or receiving an abnormally high number of calls or repeatedly placing or receiving calls which result in abnormally long call lengths or high costs, including operating a dispatch service, excessive use of multi-party calling features or separate calls that are not bridged together, and excessive use of single party or multi-party chat line services.
- Traffic Pumping/Access Stimulation: Using the network for any and all activities that are designed to generate traffic to increase the intercarrier compensation billed to Infiniti Mobile, including to dial telephone numbers associated with free conference calls, free chat lines, or similar services that are used for traffic pumping/access stimulation.
- Unauthorized Information Collection: Using our Services for unauthorized information collection, including, but not limited to: phishing, spidering, harvesting, or any other unauthorized collection of e-mail addresses, screen names, or other identifiers of others, using software (including “spyware”) designed to facilitate such activity; or conducting commercial research or commercial data collection, including collecting responses from unsolicited messages.
- Malicious Software:Distributing, publishing, or posting content that is malicious software (i.e., malware) into the network or through the Services, including, without limitation, viruses, Trojan horses, worms, time bombs, zombies, cancelbots, or any other computer programming routines that may damage, interfere with, secretly intercept or seize any system, program, data, or personal information.
- Hacking:Without the express prior authorization of the owner of any data, systems, or networks, accessing or using such data, systems, or networks, including attempting to gain unauthorized access to, alter, or destroy any information that relates to any Infiniti Mobile subscriber or other end-user and attempting to probe, scan, or test the vulnerability of a system or network or to breach security or authentication measures.
- Interception:Monitoring data or traffic on any system or network without the express prior authorization of the owner of the system or network.
- Intentional Interference:Interfering with service to any user, host, or network including, without limitation, denial-of-service attacks, mail bombing, news bombing, other flooding techniques, deliberate attempts to overload a system, and broadcast attacks.
- Device Modifications: Unlocking, re-flashing, rooting, tampering with, altering, or otherwise modifying your Infiniti Mobile Device or its software without authorization.
- SIM Card Modifications: If your Device has a SIM card, without authorization, removing the SIM card, placing the SIM card in another Device, or altering, bypassing, copying, deactivating, reverse-engineering, or otherwise circumventing or reproducing the stored encoded information stored or the encryption mechanisms of the SIM card.
- Signal Enhancements: Installing, deploying, or using any regeneration equipment or similar mechanism (e.g., a repeater or signal booster) to originate, amplify, enhance, retransmit, or regenerate a transmitted radiofrequency signal, unless authorized by Infiniti Mobile.
- Tethering: Tethering your Device to another device, computer, modem, or other equipment for the purpose of using the data Service, except as required by federal or state law or regulation, or as expressly described to you in writing.
- Miscellaneous: Reselling or leasing the Services; using the Service for commercial activities; using the Services for pager or voicemail retrieval service; engaging in any other conduct that could or does harm or adversely affect our other subscribers, employees, business, reputation, network, property, Services, operations, or any other person; or assisting, facilitating, or allowing anyone else to do or attempt to do any of the above activities.
This Acceptable Use Policy, including the prohibited uses, applies to all Infiniti Mobile Service Plans, including plans with unlimited talk, text, and data Allotments. If you use unlimited Allotments for anything other than personal, non-commercial use or engaging in any other unauthorized, excessive, or abusive use, including uses prohibited by this Acceptable Use Policy, we may, at our sole discretion, terminate, suspend, modify, or limit your Services, as discussed in Section 7.
You are responsible for all fraudulent use of your Device and the Services. In the event you discover or reasonably believe your Device or the Services are being used for fraudulent activities, you must immediately notify Infiniti Mobile at (888) 801-0012. In the event Infiniti Mobile discovers or reasonably believes your Device or the Services are being used for fraudulent activities, Infiniti Mobile may take action to prevent such fraudulent activities from taking place, including the termination, suspension, modification, or limitation of your Services, as discussed in Section 7.
Always use your Device in a safe manner that does not create a risk to your safety or the safety of others around you. While driving, use a hands-free mechanism for your wireless device and do not use your wireless Device to send text messages.
You agree that a violation of this the Acceptable Use Policy harms Infiniti Mobile, which cannot be fully redressed by money damages, and that we shall be entitled to immediate injunctive relief in addition to all other remedies available without the requirement to post a bond. If you want to report any violations of this Acceptable Use Policy, please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Either party may terminate the Services, which will terminate this Agreement, at any time on advance notice to the other party with or without cause. Under FCC rules, Infiniti Mobile must terminate your Lifeline service, upon notice to you, if we have a reasonable belief that you no longer qualify for Lifeline, if you fail to timely recertify, or if you fail to use your device for thirty (30) consecutive days. Additionally, Infiniti Mobile may, at any time, with or without prior notice, and at our sole discretion, terminate, suspend, modify, or limit your Services if:
- we know or suspect you or someone using your Device or Services violated or attempted to violate this Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy in Section 6, or any other Infiniti Mobile policies or terms and conditions, including the terms and conditions of your Service Plan;
- we know or suspect you used or attempted to use false or fraudulent means to obtain our Services, including Lifeline services;
- we know or suspect you violated or attempted to violate any applicable laws or regulations, including Lifeline laws or regulations;
- we know or suspect that you have committed a criminal or harmful act against Infiniti Mobile or any of our employees or agents;
- we know or suspect you are using our Services for fraudulent purposes;
- we know or suspect you have engaged in improper, illegal, or unauthorized use of your Infiniti Mobile Device;
- your payment is returned unpaid, you fail to make all required payments when due, any payment is past due, or we reasonably believe there has been fraudulent payment activity in connection with your Services;
- you provide inaccurate or misleading credit information, your credit has deteriorated, you become insolvent or bankrupt, or we otherwise believe that there is a risk of non-payment;
- your actions expose Infiniti Mobile to sanctions, prosecution, civil action, or other liability;
- Your actions cause harm or interfere with the integrity, security, or normal operations of our network or that of our Underlying Carrier;
- your actions interfere with another subscriber’s ability to use the Services;
- your actions otherwise present an imminent risk of harm to Infiniti Mobile or its subscribers.
- we discover you are under 18 years old and therefore incapable of contracting for goods and services or ineligible to receive Lifeline services;
- you threaten, harass, abuse, offend, or use vulgar, derogatory, or inappropriate language toward our employees, agents, or any person whom you contact using our Services or your Device;
- we are ordered to do so by any federal or state government entity with authority to do so;
- a condition immediately dangerous or hazardous to life, physical safety, or property exists;
- we cease to provide Services in your area; or
- for any other operational or governmental reason.
We may terminate or suspend talk, text, and data Services individually or collectively. Upon termination, any unused Allotments will expire, and you will not receive a refund. Additionally, upon termination, Infiniti Mobile may reassign the phone number you were using to another subscriber without notice. Limitations of your Services may include any method discussed in Section 5.6. We may modify your Services by changing your Service Plan or features. We are not liable for any harms that may result from termination, suspension, modification, and limitations of your Services and you will not receive a refund or credit from Infiniti Mobile for any unused or unusable talk, text, and data allotments as a result of such termination, suspension, modifications, and limitations.
You can request that we terminate your Services by contacting Customer Service by dialing 611 from your Infiniti Mobile Device or calling toll-free at (888) 801-0012.
Infiniti Mobile makes no representations or warranties, express or implied, including without limitation, any implied warranty of merchantability, suitability, non-infringement, or fitness for a particular purpose, or performance to you or any other person or entity in connection with, arising out of, or relating to the Services or Devices, to the fullest extent permitted by law. We do not authorize anyone to make warranties on our behalf. We do not guarantee uninterrupted or error-free Services, wireless coverage, or particular service speeds or quality of service. We also do not guarantee that your communications will be private or secure; it is illegal for unauthorized people to intercept your communications, but such interceptions can occur. You should implement appropriate safeguards to secure your Device and any other equipment you may use with the Services. We do not manufacture any Devices or equipment that are used with our Services and are not responsible for any defects, acts, or omissions of the manufacturers, including any warranty, patent, or licensing obligations. Notwithstanding the foregoing, the manufacturer of your Device may provide you with a warranty.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree that Infiniti Mobile and all parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and their past, present, and future officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, licensors, successors, and assigns shall not be liable, whether or not due to our or their negligence, for any:
- act, omission, or error by you or a third party, including third-party service providers or vendors;
- charges for any products or services provided by third parties and accessed through or for use with our Services;
- claims against you by third parties;
- mistake, omission, interruption, outage, error, failure, delay, defect, or limitation in the provision of Services;
- deficiencies or problems with a Device or network coverage (e.g., dropped, blocked, interrupted Services, etc.);
- damage, injury, or loss caused by or arising out of your use of the Services, including traffic or other accidents and health-related risks or issues, or our suspension or termination of the Services;
- damage, injury, or loss caused by any interruption, failure, or delay in accessing or attempting to access emergency services from a Device or using the Services, including 911 services;
- interrupted, failed, or inaccurate location services;
- quality, appropriateness, accuracy, or suitability of any content, information, or applications you may access while using the Service;
- information or communications that are blocked by a spam filter or that we otherwise restrict or block consistent with this Agreement;
- damage, harm, or loss that may result from your communications being intercepted;
- unauthorized access to your account caused by your actions or that circumvent our reasonable security measures;
- unauthorized access to your Device;
- changes in operation, equipment, or technology that cause your Device or software to be rendered obsolete or require modification;
- damage to or loss of any information or data stored on your Device or any other equipment you use with the Services (including when we service your Device);
- loss or disclosure of sensitive information you transmit when using the Services (including any damage, loss, harm, or disclosure that results from malware);
- default, delay, damage, or harm due to factors beyond our control (i.e., force majeure events, as described in Section 10.7; or
- unauthorized or disputed charges for Infiniti Mobile services that appeared more than 15 days earlier on your online account statement and which you did not properly dispute within 15 days after the charge was posted to your account (no fiduciary or other special relationship exists between you and Infiniti Mobile by virtue of this Agreement or your use of Infiniti Mobile Devices and Services.
To the fullest extent permitted law, Infiniti Mobile shall not be liable for any indirect, special, punitive, incidental, exemplary, or consequential losses or damages you or any third party may suffer by use of or inability to use your Device or the Services, including loss of business or goodwill, loss of revenue or profits, property damage, costs for replacing products and services, or claims of personal injuries. To the fullest extent permitted by law, our liability for monetary damages for any claims you may have against us shall not exceed the total amount of charges paid for the applicable products or services. The above limitations of liability will apply regardless of the theory of liability, including fraud, misrepresentation, breach of contract, personal injury, negligence, or product liability.
To the fullest extent permitted by law, you agree to defend, release, indemnify, and hold harmless Infiniti Mobile and parents, subsidiaries, affiliates and their past, present, and future officers, directors, employees, agents, representatives, partners, licensors, successors, and assigns from and against any and all losses, claims, liabilities, injuries, costs, penalties, damages, settlements, and expenses (including taxes, fees, fines, penalties, interest, expenses, and attorneys’ fees) arising out of or relating to, directly or indirectly, your or any other person’s use of a Device or the Services, whether based in contract or tort (including strict liability) and regardless of the form of action; your acts or omissions, including your breach or violation of this Agreement, other Infiniti Mobile policies, or any applicable statutes, ordinances, laws or regulations of any federal, state, or local authority; and claims arising in whole or in part from the alleged negligence of Infiniti Mobile. If we reasonably determine that a claim might adversely affect Infiniti Mobile, you will use counsel reasonably satisfactory to us to defend each claim, you will not consent to the entry of a judgment or settle a claim without our prior written consent, and we may take control of the defense at our expense (and without limiting your indemnification obligations). This obligation shall survive termination of your Services with Infiniti Mobile.
- Dispute Resolution and Arbitration
PLEASE READ THIS CAREFULLY. IT AFFECTS YOUR RIGHTS.
Most subscriber concerns can be resolved quickly and to the subscriber’s satisfaction by contacting Infiniti Mobile Customer Support by dialing 611 from your Infiniti Mobile Device or calling toll-free at (888) 801-0012. In the unlikely event that the Customer Support is unable to resolve a complaint you may have to your satisfaction (or if Infiniti Mobile has not been able to resolve a Dispute it has with you after attempting to do so informally), those Disputes will be resolved through binding arbitration or small claims court as described in this section.
- Arbitration agreement. WE (you and Infiniti Mobile) EACH AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BELOW, ANY AND ALL CLAIMS OR DISPUTES IN ANY WAY RELATED TO OR CONCERNING THE AGREEMENT, OUR SERVICES, DEVICES OR PRODUCTS, INCLUDING ANY BILLING DISPUTES, WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION OR IN SMALL CLAIMS COURT.
This includes any claims against other parties relating to Services or Devices provided or billed to you (such as Infiniti Mobile’s suppliers, Dealers, or third party vendors) whenever you also assert claims against us in the same proceeding. We each also agree that the Agreement affects interstate commerce so that the Federal Arbitration Act and federal arbitration law apply (despite the choice of law provision in Section 9.2).
THERE IS NO JUDGE OR JURY IN ARBITRATION, AND COURT REVIEW OF AN ARBITRATION AWARD IS LIMITED. THE ARBITRATOR MUST FOLLOW THIS AGREEMENT AND CAN AWARD THE SAME DAMAGES AND RELIEF AS A COURT (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES).
If the arbitration provision applies or you choose arbitration to resolve your disputes, then either you or Infiniti Mobile may start arbitration proceedings. You must send a letter requesting arbitration and describing your claim to Infiniti Mobile’s registered agent (see Section 9.5) to begin arbitration. The American Arbitration Association (AAA) will arbitrate all disputes. For claims of less than $75,000, the AAA’s Supplementary Procedures for Consumer-Related Disputes will apply; for claims over $75,000, the AAA’s Commercial Arbitration Rules will apply. The AAA rules are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. Upon filing of the arbitration demand, Infiniti Mobile will pay all filing, administration and arbitrator fees for claims that total less than $75,000. For claims that total more than $75,000, the payment of filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Commercial Arbitration Rules. An arbitrator may award on an individual basis any relief that would be available in a court, including injunctive or declaratory relief and attorneys’ fees. In addition, for claims under $75,000 as to which you provided notice and negotiated in good faith as required above before initiating arbitration, if the arbitrator finds that you are the prevailing party in the arbitration, you will be entitled to a recovery of reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs. Except for claims determined to be frivolous, Infiniti Mobile agrees not to seek an award of attorneys’ fees in arbitration even if an award is otherwise available under applicable law.
9.2. CLASS ACTION WAIVER. WE (YOU AND INFINITI MOBILE) EACH AGREE THAT ANY PROCEEDINGS, WHETHER IN ARBITRATION OR COURT, WILL BE CONDUCTED ONLY ON AN INDIVIDUAL BASIS AND NOT IN A CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION OR AS A MEMBER IN A CLASS, CONSOLIDATED OR REPRESENTATIVE ACTION. If a court or arbitrator determines in an action between you and us that this Class Action Waiver is unenforceable, then the arbitration agreement will be void as to you.
9.3. Small Claims. You and Infiniti Mobile retain the right to seek remedies in small claims court for disputes or claims within that court’s jurisdiction, unless such action is transferred, removed or appealed to a different court. Any court having jurisdiction may enter judgment on the arbitrator’s award. This Arbitration Provision shall survive any termination, payoff or transfer of this contract. If any part of this Arbitration Provision, other than waivers of class action rights, is deemed or found to be unenforceable for any reason, the remainder shall remain enforceable. If a waiver of class action rights is deemed or found to be unenforceable for any reason in a case in which class action allegations have been made, the remainder of this Arbitration Provision shall be unenforceable.
Notwithstanding the foregoing, you maintain your right to file a complaint with the Federal Communications Commission (FCC), your state’s Public Service Commission, or any other federal or state government that may, if permitted by law, seek relief against us on your behalf.
- Governing Law, Venue and Jurisdiction, and Court Proceedings
Except to the extent preempted by or inconsistent with applicable federal law and as otherwise described herein, this agreement is governed by the laws of State of Texas, without regard to choice of law principles, conflicts of laws rules, or your actual state of residence. For any claim that proceeds in court rather than in arbitration, we each waive our right to a jury trial and any claims for punitive or exemplary damages. Unless otherwise specified herein, any Disputes of a legal nature, whether a claim, complaint, arbitration demand, or otherwise that is not subject to the mandatory arbitration provision, shall be subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal or state courts located within the State of Texas.
Infiniti Mobile’s Registered Agent Contact Information:
Corporation Service Company
251 Little Falls Drive
Wilmington, DE 19808
New Castle County
Telephone: (800) 927-9801
Infiniti Mobile may elect or be required to file tariffs with the appropriate regulatory body in certain states setting forth the terms and rates for our delivery of certain Services. In the event we have filed a tariff with respect to any of the Services we provide you, the terms and rates set forth in the tariff (or any successor document in the event of de-tariffing) shall govern our delivery and your use of the Services subject to the tariff. Any such tariffs are hereby incorporated by reference and shall take precedence over any conflicting provision in this Agreement.
We may, at any time, modify any part of this Agreement; any other terms, conditions, and policies; our rates, fees, and charges; our Service Plans, features, and products; and our coverage areas, Underlying Carrier, and provisioning technology. We will provide you with advanced notice of any modifications that have a material adverse impact on you or your use of the Services (other than changes to governmental fees, proportional charges for governmental mandates, and administrative charges). We may provide you with notice of any other modifications, as described in Section 10.2 (Notices) or as otherwise required by any applicable law, regulation, or order. If any regulatory body or a court of competent jurisdiction, issues a law, regulation, rule, or order that has the effect of materially increasing the cost to provide the Services or canceling, changing, or superseding any material term or provision of this Agreement (collectively “Regulatory Requirement”), then this Agreement shall be deemed modified in such a way as is consistent with the form, intent, and purpose of the Regulatory Requirement and otherwise as is necessary to comply with the Regulatory Requirement. Material adverse modifications become effective thirty (30) days after we deliver notice to you or as otherwise specified in the notice. All other modifications become effective when posted on the Infiniti Mobile website, www.infinitimobile.com, or as specified in any notice. If you continue to access, use, or purchase Infiniti Mobile Services on or after the effective date of such modifications, you accept those modifications. Neither the course of conduct between you and Infiniti Mobile nor common trade practice will act to modify any provision of this agreement.
We or our authorized agents may use any of the following methods to provide you with notices: correspondence to any physical address or e-mail addresses you have provided us; live or prerecorded calls, voice messages, or text messages delivered to your Device or any other phone number you have provided us; prerecorded messages when you attempt to place a call; in-app messages or push notifications; posting on our website; or by any other means Infiniti Mobile deems practicable. You are responsible for updating your contact information with us when it changes. Notices are treated as delivered when you accept a call; when delivered to a voicemail service associated with your service or an alternate telephone number you have provided to us, text messaging service, email address you have provided to us, or Device; when posted on our website or in an application; and three (3) days after mailed to your last known billing address. Except as otherwise provided in this agreement, you must provide us notice by calling or sending correspondence to us using the contact information provided in Section 11.
This Agreement is solely for the benefit of you, Infiniti Mobile, and our parents, affiliates, subsidiaries, agents, and predecessors and successors in interest. No provision of this Agreement shall be deemed to confer on any third parties any remedy, claim, liability, reimbursement, cause of action, or other right or benefit.
You may not transfer or assign this Agreement or any of your rights or obligations under it, by operation of law or otherwise, without our prior written consent. We may transfer or assign all or part of this Agreement, or your debts to us, without notice. Upon our transfer or assignment of this Agreement, Infiniti Mobile shall be released from all liability with respect to this Agreement.
Neither party shall be liable for any default or delay in the performance of its obligations hereunder (excluding any payment obligations) if and to the extent that such default or delay arises out of causes beyond their reasonable control, including, without limitation, acts of God, including weather-related phenomenon, earthquakes, and floods; fires; acts of war or terrorism; civil disorders, including riots, rebellions, and insurrections; labor disputes, including strikes, lockouts, and work stoppages; medical emergencies, including pandemics and quarantine restrictions; network problems, including cable cuts, power outages, network failures, and computers viruses; and any other catastrophes, national emergencies, or government orders or acts. The time for any performance required hereunder shall be extended by the delay incurred as a result of such force majeure event, and if either party is unable to perform as a result of such event, it shall act with diligence to correct or mitigate such event.
Infiniti Mobile has the right, but not the obligation to, monitor, investigate, restrict, enforce, bring civil litigation, press charges, or engage in any other self-help regarding any actual, attempted, or suspected violation of this Agreement. Infiniti Mobile will determine, in its sole discretion, whether you violated or attempted to violate any of the provisions of this Agreement, including the Acceptable Use Policy. If we determine or suspect that you violated or attempted to violate this Agreement, we may terminate, suspend, modify, or limit your Services, as described in Section 7. Additionally, we may report actual or suspected criminal offences to appropriate law enforcement authorities. Infiniti Mobile will cooperate with law enforcement investigations where criminal activity is suspected, and you agree to cooperate with any such investigations. Any waiver of or failure to enforce any provision or prohibition in this Agreement in one instance shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right in another instance.
Any rights, obligations, commitments, or provisions in this Agreement that, by their nature or context, are intended to or would logically continue to apply following termination of Services or of this Agreement survive termination of the Services and this Agreement, including, but not limited to, those relating to complaints, payment obligations, restrictions on the use of Devices, 911 and emergency communications, limitation of liability, and dispute resolution (including no class action and no jury trial).
If any part or provision of this Agreement, including any part of its arbitration clause or Acceptable Use Policy, is deemed unlawful, void, or for any reason unenforceable by a court or agency of competent jurisdiction, that part shall be interpreted consistent with applicable laws as nearly as possible to reflect the original intentions of the parties or shall be severed from this Agreement in that jurisdiction if required and the remaining provisions of the Agreement shall remain in full force and effect.
Section headings are for descriptive, non-interpretive purposes only.
The original version of this Agreement is in the English language. Any discrepancy or conflicts between the English version and any other language version will be resolved with reference to and by interpreting the English version.
This Agreement and any other policies, documents, or agreements incorporated by reference herein or therein represent the complete agreement between you and Infiniti Mobile. It supersedes any and all prior or other agreements, arrangements, representations, contracts, warranties, advertising, statements, offers, guarantees, assurances, and understandings relating to the subject matter of this Agreement, whether written or oral, including any other documents or statements by any sales representative, service representative, or other agent.
Unless expressly provided otherwise, in the event of conflict among the documents comprising this Agreement, the order of priority shall be: (i) any publicly filed tariff governing the Services (or a successor document in the event of detariffing); (ii) this Agreement; and (iii) any other agreements incorporated by reference. For Infiniti Mobile Lifeline subscribers, if there is a direct conflict between any general provision and provisions relating to the Lifeline services, including those specified in Section 1 (Federal Lifeline Program), Section 12 (California LifeLine Program Supplemental Terms and Conditions), and Section 13 (Other State-Specific Provisions), the provisions relating to the Lifeline services will prevail over any other provisions, but only with respect to the direct conflict of such provisions.
If you have any questions, concerns, comments, or complaints regarding your Services, your bill, or this Agreement, please contact Infiniti Mobile Customer Service using the following information:
Phone: (888) 801-0012 or 611 from your Infiniti Mobile Device during normal business hours: Monday-Friday, 8:00am–8:00pm CST and Saturday, 8:00am-5:00pm CST (Closed on Sunday).
Mail: Infiniti Mobile, 500 N Central EXPY STE 202, Plano, TX 75074
For California Residents only: Infiniti Mobile has been approved by the California Public Utilities Commission as a California LifeLine Program provider. The California Lifeline Program is administered by the California Public Utility Commission (“CPUC”) and its designee, the California Lifeline Administrator. The California LifeLine Program provides discounts on Service to eligible California households using funds from California ratepayers. These Terms and Conditions for the California LifeLine Program apply to Infiniti Mobile customers who subscribe to the California LifeLine service provided by us. They are supplemental and in addition to Infiniti Mobile’ generally-applicable terms and conditions of service; all applicable terms and conditions of service provided in this Agreement apply to our California LifeLine service. If there is a discrepancy between these supplemental terms and conditions and those set out in other parts of this Agreement as they pertain to Infiniti Mobile’ California LifeLine Service, the supplemental terms and conditions supersede. The California LifeLine Program is subject to all applicable California and federal laws.
- Eligibility. Only eligible consumers may enroll in the California Lifeline Program to receive a California Lifeline discount. Current eligibility requirements can be found online at www.cpuc.ca.gov/lifeline and www.californialifeline.com/en/eligibility_requirements.
- One Per Household. The California Lifeline discount is limited to one per household, which may be applied to either landline or wireless service. A “household” is defined as any individual or group of individuals who live together at the same residential address as one economic unit. An “economic unit” is defined as “all adult individuals contributing to and sharing in the income and expenses of a household.” Households that violate this requirement will lose their discounts. Your California Lifeline discount is personal to you and cannot be transferred to any third party, including any rights or benefits received as a result of the discount. You can transfer your California LifeLine discount from one provider to another so long as your household does not have more than one California LifeLine discount. If you choose to transfer your California LifeLine discount to another provider, you may be charged the retail rates.
- Deaf and Disabled Telecommunications Program Participants and Teletypewriter Users. Infiniti Mobile will provide access to two California LifeLine discounted telephone lines to Deaf and Disabled Telecommunications Program participants or teletypewriter users.
- 30-Day Enrollment Request Waiting Period. When you submit an enrollment request to receive the California LifeLine discounts for mobile wireless service you have to wait up to thirty (30) days to submit another enrollment request. You are prohibited from having multiple enrollment requests for the California LifeLine discount for mobile wireless service pending at the same time. The 30-day waiting period ends at the earlier of: (1) the California LifeLine Administrator sends the final eligibility decision, (2) the enrollment request is cancelled, or (3) the 30 days have passed since the enrollment request. After the 30-day clock stops, you may then submit another enrollment request for the California LifeLine discounts, as applicable. You can independently cancel an enrollment request by contacting the California LifeLine Administrator by phone at 877-858-7463 or going to Check Your Status at www.californialifeline.com. Infiniti Mobile can also cancel enrollment requests.
- Approval. Infiniti Mobile will seek approval of all California Lifeline applications with the California LifeLine Administrator. Infiniti Mobile may provide California LifeLine applicants with service on a promotional basis while the enrollment request is pending. The Company will not seek reimbursement for a California LifeLine service applicant until and unless the applicant is approved for California LifeLine services by the California LifeLine Administrator and the applicant successfully completes the LifeLine service activation process. When Infiniti Mobile receives an approval notification and eligibility verification from the California LifeLine Administrator, it will notify the applicant of the approval and eligibility verification and ship a Device to the approved applicant, if not already delivered to the applicant. In the event Infiniti Mobile ships a Device to an approved applicant, when the approved applicant receives the Device, the applicant must activate the wireless Services. Infiniti Mobile will provide all LifeLine subscribers instructions on how to use the Device, information regarding the California LifeLine program, Infiniti Mobile terms and conditions, and how to contact Infiniti Mobile Customer Services with the Device as part of our welcome package.
- Effective Date. The effective date of the California LifeLine benefits will be the later of the approval date and the service activation date. Lifeline benefits will be applied to the customer’s account on the effective date.
- Denials. If an applicant for California LifeLine services is not approved by the California Lifeline Administrator, the Company will notify the applicant that he or she is ineligible for California LifeLine services and will be offered non-Lifeline services at the Company’s non-Lifeline retail rates.
- Activation Charge. All Infiniti Mobile California customers will be charged a $39.00 activation charge for our processing of the initial application paperwork and activation of the Device. Eligible California LifeLine subscribers may be eligible for a waiver of the activation fee, funded by the California LifeLine program and limited to no more than two wireless service activations (whether with Infiniti Mobile or another wireless service provider) per household per continuous twelve-month period. Waivers can be applied when the California LifeLine participant: (i) establishes California LifeLine wireless telephone service for the first time; and (ii) switched from one California LifeLine telephone service provider, whether wireline or wireless, to a California LifeLine wireless telephone service provider. Eligibility for a waiver is subject to confirmation of eligibility by the California LifeLine program administrator. The activation charge will not be applied for Device upgrades or replacements.
- Voice-Grade Connection. You are entitled to a voice-grade connection to the public switched telephone network or a successor network, which Infiniti Mobile provides to its California LifeLine customers through its Underlying Carrier. If, at any time, you fail to receive a voice-grade connection and you notify Infiniti Mobile, we will take steps to promptly restore the voice-grade connection. If it is not possible to restore the voice-grade connection, Infiniti Mobile will offer you the option to receive telephone service provided using a different technology that Infiniti Mobile is then offering in your area. If Infiniti Mobile is not offering telephone service using an alternate technology in your area or if you prefer not to receive such alternative service, you may terminate the service within fourteen (14) days of service activation without incurring early termination fees. (Infiniti Mobile does not charge early termination fees.) Additionally, if you terminate service within three (3) days of service activation, excluding national holidays, Infiniti Mobile will provide a full refund of any applicable service connection charges and deposits. (Infiniti Mobile does not collect service connection charges or deposits.)
- Service Area. Infiniti Mobile offers its California LifeLine customers the ability to send and receive domestic local and domestic long distance voice-grade calls within the nationwide coverage area of its Underlying Carrier and will not incur an additional per minute charge for domestic long distance calls.
- Service Plans. Infiniti Mobile will offer California LifeLine-eligible Service Plans on a pre-paid basis. Infiniti Mobile will not impose credit checks nor will it require any deposits or contractual commitments. As a California Lifeline customer, you may select from among our Infiniti Mobile California LifeLine service plans based upon your expected usage per month. “Top Up” Plans with additional talk, text, and data allotments are available to supplement the Service Plan allotments. Unused Service Plan Allotments expire on the last day of your monthly cycle and will not carry over to the next monthly cycle unless specifically provided for by the Service Plan or “Top Up” Plan. Infiniti Mobile California LifeLine Service Plans are available online, at www.infinitimobile.com.
- California LifeLine Discount. Infiniti Mobile will apply the applicable California LifeLine discount to each participant’s selected plan.
- Non-Discrimination. Infiniti Mobile will offer California Lifeline discounted services on a non-discriminatory basis to any customer residing within the service territory where the Company offers retail wireless telephone services. Infiniti Mobile will only provide California LifeLine discounts to participants that are approved by the California LifeLine Administrator.
- Contracts. Infiniti Mobile offers its California LifeLine service on a pre-paid basis, and currently does not require its customers to enter into a service contract. Any required contract terms will be comparable to those offered to Infiniti Mobile’s retail customers for the same service and/or device, except as needed to comply with California LifeLine rules.
- Added Features and Enhanced Services. If Infiniti Mobile adds features and/or enhanced services as a part of its California LifeLine offerings, the offerings will meet or exceed minimum standards set by the CPUC.
- Use of Allotted Minutes. For Service Plans that do not have unlimited talk minute Allotments, Infiniti Mobile will suspend a customer’s voice Service when all allotted minutes are used, except for calls to 911 emergency services and 611 customer service. For customers on Service Plans with unlimited voice minutes, Infiniti Mobile reserves the right to suspend voice Service at the end of the customer’s billing cycle, after proper notice has been provided, if the customer has a high volume of talk minute usage.
- Additional Voice Minutes. Infiniti Mobile will allow participants to purchase additional talk minute Allotments at the lowest rate that is offered to its retail customers for comparable plans with similar services and/or features.
- Form of Payment Fee. Infiniti Mobile does not assess any additional fee on participants based upon the payment method participants use to pay their bills (e.g., cash, check, or some other form of payment).
- Devices. As part of your California Lifeline service, Infiniti Mobile will provide California participants with a new Device free of charge. Infiniti Mobile otherwise will offer all Devices to participants on the same basis as the Company’s retail customers. Infiniti Mobile’s free California LifeLine Devices are not refurbished. Infiniti Mobile Devices are designed to be activated on the networks of our Underlying Carrier and in other coverage areas that we may make available to you. Participants that choose to switch providers may be able to use their Devices with a provider utilizing the same underlying network technology. Infiniti Mobile representatives will assist you in determining your options at that time.
- Refund of Service Connection Fee. Infiniti Mobile California LifeLine customers can terminate their service at any time without penalty. Infiniti Mobile does not charge early termination fees. If you cancel your Infiniti Mobile Services within three (3) business days of activation, excluding national holidays, we will refund you in full for any service connection fees. (Infiniti Mobile does not collect deposits.)
- Device Returns. Infiniti Mobile will not assess a restocking fee to California LifeLine participants for Devices returned within three (3) days of service activation.
- Customer Service. Infiniti Mobile California LifeLine customers are provided free, unlimited access to Infiniti Mobile customer service, with representatives who are fluent in the same language in which Infiniti Mobile originally marketed and sold its California LifeLine service, either by dialing 611 or by dialing the toll-free Infiniti Mobile customer service number. At this time, Infiniti Mobile only markets and sells California LifeLine service in English and therefore only provides English speaking customer service representatives. Customers can call for information about California LifeLine, service activation, service termination, repair services, and billing inquiries. Calls to Infiniti Mobile customer service do not count against a California LifeLine customer’s allotted voice minutes or number of calls.
- Emergency Services (911/E-911). Infiniti Mobile provides free, unlimited access to 911/E-911 emergency service calls and such calls do not utilize talk minute Allotments. In addition, 911/E-911 service is available for all activated handsets, regardless of whether a customer has available talk minutes.
- California Relay Service (711). Through its Underlying Carrier, Infiniti Mobile provides free, unlimited calls to the California Relay Service, via 711, for deaf or hearing-impaired persons or persons with speech disabilities. Calls to the 711 relay service for deaf or speech-impaired individuals will not utilize talk minute allotments, but the relayed call itself may utilize such allotments.
- Directory Assistance (411). Infiniti Mobile provides access to directory assistance for its California LifeLine customers via 411, free of charge. However, calls to 411 directory assistance use talk minute allotments.
- Public Safety N11s. All subscribers will have access to public safety N11s (211, 311, 511, 711, and 811). Subscribers to Infiniti Mobile Service Plans with 1,000 or more talk minutes will receive free, unlimited access to these public safety N11s. Calls to these special service N11s will not utilize talk minute allotments or number of calls.
- 900/976 Blocking. Infiniti Mobile will provide participants free blocking for 900/976 information services and a one-time free billing adjustment for charges related to 900/976 information services that were inadvertently or mistakenly incurred or incurred without authorization.
- Toll-Free Services. Infiniti Mobile provides its customers with free access to 800 and 800-like toll-free services, but such calls use talk minute allotments.
- Toll-Blocking and Toll-control Services. Infiniti Mobile offers its California LifeLine service on a pre-paid basis, which means that customers pay for their service in advance and can use only the amount of service for which they have already paid. Additionally, Infiniti Mobile provides uniform pricing for both local and domestic long-distance telephone calls. Incoming international calls and permitted outgoing international calls are billed at the same rate as domestic calls. All other outgoing international calls are blocked and will only work if a customer purchases a special International Long Distance calling card. The prepaid nature of the service and uniform local and long-distance pricing effectively serves as a toll-blocking service.
- 911 or Other Emergency Service Location Accuracy and Reliability. Public safety officials advise that when making 911 or other emergency calls, you should always be prepared to provide your location information. Unlike traditional wireline phones, several factors may affect the ability of 911 operators to identify your telephone number or the location from where you are calling, including, for example, your location when calling, whether your device is GPS-enabled, and the caliber of a local emergency provider’s equipment. In some circumstances, an emergency call may be routed to a state patrol dispatcher or alternative resource established by local emergency service providers. Enhanced 911 (“E911”), when enabled by local emergency authorities, uses GPS technology to establish a caller’s location, but is dependent on a number of factors, such as the abilities of the local emergency authorities, GPS capabilities of your handset, whether your GPS-enabled handset is turned on, and your handset’s ability to obtain a GPS satellite signal. Even when available, E911 does not always provide accurate location information. For additional 911 information, review Section 5.8 (911 and Other Emergency Services).
- Safety-Related Considerations with Wireless Service. Unlike traditional wireline phones, wireless Devices may be removed from the home. If a Device is the only phone in your home, residents will not have the ability to call 911 emergency services when the handset is removed from that location. Additionally, if your Device cannot acquire a signal due to poor mobile reception, you may not be able to complete 911 emergency calls. You also will not be able to contact 911 if your Device is not charged. In those instances, you should dial 911 from the nearest landline phone. Some phones have a safety feature that prevents use of the keypad after dialing 911. In such cases, you should follow voice prompts when interacting with emergency service providers employing interactive voice response systems to screen calls. For additional 911 information, review Section 5.8 (911 and Other Emergency Services).
- Potential Service Coverage and Service Quality Issues. Service is subject to transmission limitations caused by certain equipment and compatibility issues, as well as weather and atmospheric conditions, topography, and structures. Service can only be available when in range of a transmission source, which you should be aware of when leaving your home area. Service is dependent on radio towers which require electricity to operate. Infiniti Mobile and our Underlying Carriers have backup power systems in place for systems and network components, in accordance with Federal and state requirements, but service may still be limited or unavailable in the event of a power outage if backup power is not available or is exhausted. Further, service may be temporarily refused, limited, interrupted, or curtailed due to system capacity limitations, technology migration, or limitations imposed by our Underlying Carrier, or because of equipment modifications, upgrades, repairs, relocations, or other similar activities necessary or proper for the operation or improvement of our Underlying Carrier’s wireless network. Neither Infiniti Mobile, nor its Underlying Carrier, shall have any liability for service failures, outages, or limitations of Service. For additional service coverage and service quality information, review Sections 5.3 (Coverage) and 5.5 (Service Availability and Quality).
- California LifeLine Participant Exemptions. The CPUC exempts California LifeLine participants from paying public purpose program surcharges, the CPUC user fee, federal excise tax, local franchise tax, and the California 911 tax associated with telephone service. Infiniti Mobile will comply with this exemption. Infiniti Mobile will assess taxes, surcharges, user fees, federal excise taxes, local franchise taxes, and California 911 taxes only on the amount participants pay for their non-LifeLine Services. Additionally, this exemption does not alter the statutory requirement for all telephone corporations in California to assess, collect, and remit public purpose surcharges on revenues collected from end-users for intrastate telecommunications services that are subject to surcharge in compliance with Pub. Util. Code §§ 285 and 710.
- 30-Day Notice. Infiniti Mobile will provide its California LifeLine participants a 30-day notice in the event it withdraws from offering LifeLine Service in California.
If you have any questions, concerns, comments, or complaints regarding Infiniti Mobile’s California LifeLine services, please contact Infiniti Mobile at (888) 801-0012. You may also contact the CPUC online at www.cpuc.ca.gov, over the phone by dialing 1-800-848-5580, or in writing to California Public Utilities Commission, 505 Van Ness Avenue, San Francisco, CA 94102.
The additional terms provided below apply only to Infiniti Mobile Lifeline subscribers who are residents of the specific states. Your state may provide additional rights, protections, and responsibilities in addition to the ones listed below.
Complaints concerning Lifeline service can be directed to the Georgia Public Service
Commission’s Consumer Affairs Unit at 404-656-4501 or 1-800-282-5813.
You have the right to contact the Kentucky Public Service Commission regarding any dispute that you have been unable to resolve with your utility. Call toll free 1-800-772-4636.
Complaints concerning Lifeline service can be directed to the Oklahoma Corporation Commission Consumer Services Division (CSD). The CSD may be reached at:
CSD street address:
Oklahoma Corporation Commission
Consumer Services Division
2101 N. Lincoln Blvd. Suite 580
Oklahoma City, OK 73105
CSD mailing address:
Consumer Services Division
P.O. Box 52000
Oklahoma City, OK 73152-2000
Phone: (405) 521-2331; (800) 522-8154
The Consumer Services Division’s hours of operation are 8:00 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. Monday through Friday, excluding State holidays.
Complaints concerning Lifeline service can be directed to the Consumer Services Division of the South Carolina Office of Regulatory Staff (ORS). ORS can be reached at 1-800-922-1531 or 803-737-5230, available Monday – Friday, 8:30 am to 5:00 pm. You may also contact ORS via mail or on their website, at:
Office of Regulatory Staff
Consumer Services Division
1401 Main Street, Suite 900
Columbia, SC 29201
If you wish to file a formal complaint with the South Carolina Public Service Commission, you can do so via their website, https://www.psc.sc.gov/consumer-info/file-complaint.
Complaints or requests for assistance with Lifeline service can be directed to the Wisconsin Public Service Commission’s Wisconsin Internet & Phone Helpline at (608) 267-3595, available Monday – Friday, 7:45 am to 4:30 pm.